Thursday, March 31, 2005

HK: Staying in HKUST

During the stay in HK I stayed most nights with Wen and KangWei at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST).

DSC01486_rs
KangWei is Wen's old highschool class mate. Anyone that manages to get into Peking University can choose to obtain a scholarship to study in HK. He choosed to go, Wen choosed to stay in Beijing.

IMG_2390_rs
As long as you are not caught you don't have to care about signs like these :) Same as everywhere else where there are rules for rules sake, e.g Singapore.

IMG_2401_rs
A good guess would be that this room belongs to a mainland student...

IMG_2398_rs
HKUST is a really nice university located next to the sea.

DSC01533_rs
They have a beach just outside the campus!

DSC01530_rs
Just like so many things in HK, this campus reminded me so much of NTU in Singapore. Students half-asleep in the library.

My stay in China has made me better understand the parts I didn't like and appreciate more the parts I did like. I miss Singapore and I wouldn't mind at all to live in HK!

No comments: