Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Article in the magazine "Civilingenjören"

I got the magazine "Civilingenjören" in the mail. When checking the table of contents I saw something about China. It took me a little moment to realize that I was in it, even though I'm on the large picture. Four pages. Pretty funny.



Arvid, a friend who has studied at Beijing Normal University the last year made an interview with me and his cousin Pär about being an engineer student in Beijing. Now it was published in the magazine "Civilingenjören", a magazine for engineers with a degree in M.Sc.

The article is about us two engineering students that has gone to China to study and what we intent to do in the future. The title is "The dream is a job in the Middle Kingdom". A little bit cheezy I think.

"Johan and Pär are driven by the thought of finding the job at a technology company where they can do what they do best and towards the Chinese market. Both have their degrees almost finished when we meet them in ZhongGuanCun, Beijing's answer to Silicon Valley"

Some quotes:
"Despite an explosive growth in the Chinese market, it is not easy for a Westerner to find a job that is a good move for your career"

"The problem is to find something that feels meaningful and that is worth something when returning to Sweden"

The absolute illegal republishing of the article. This will of course not stop me from complaining about the piracy in China...




No comments: