Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stockholm?

The plans has changed a little.

Me and Wen are planning to move to Stockholm early next year. She is applying for a program at Stockholm University and I have begun to look for a job there.

Wen is back in Beijing even earlier than expected, but she has got her mother to agree to go to Stockholm if she would have something useful to do there. Her grandmother is in hospital and might need some serious surgery so she decided to go back. As it looks like now she will have to come back to Belgium in October to finish some paperwork, and then again return to China, and if all goes well, be back in Sweden around the new year.

The only hope for me going to China right now is if I manage to find a job AND a place to live in Stockholm really quick, and then still have some time. That is not really likely to happen. Well, I wasn't that keen on returning under present circumstances anyway.

Right now I'm staying with Zhang Chi in Göteborg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you and Wen have a plan for next year together. Wen's mother is very reasonable in my eyes. Before I moved to San Francisco with my husband, I made a promise, to pursue my graduate degree, to my parents as well and that is what I am doing now.

Stockholm is very beautiful city. My husband and I just came back from there 3 weeks ago. We are thinking one day we might move back there some time later!

Good luck to both of you!!

A Beijingnese and A Swede

Anonymous said...

All the best to the both of you!

jet

Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you. Happy to hear that Wen will return.