Thursday, December 30, 2004

Deja Vu

Deja Vu

Scott is right. I'm reliving the last year. Going to the same places, meeting the same people, doing the same things. I hate him for pointing that out. This stay is supposed to be adventurous and daring, not some old routine...

On the 29th I went to do an advertisement. It was the third shooting job this time around. For the same company that we did last year. Some car repair school close to Tianjin. Last year we faked a huge conference with more than 400 faked business people. This time around we had to
stand next to the Chinese students and teachers and "instruct" them. Felt so stupid. The whole thing is really bordering to fraud. The 20000 students in the school pay RMB 5000 each to take a 3 months course at the school, and I guarantee you that there won't be no foreign instructors there for them.

Most of the foreigners that do these things are pretty interesting though some I have to say are rather sad. Middle aged guy who has married a Chinese girl. His Chinese was limited to counting
to ten, 'hello', and 'thanks' in Chinese after several years in the country. I guess he would only use the last one as a sarcasm. The Polish guy who've stayed 5 years in China and claimed to have given up a $3000/month salary in a Chinese company. Somehow I didn't quite belive
him. Now they were making a living by having a white skin.

1 comment:

Andrea Ng said...

I thought u were the Chinese in the picture... cos u said ur in China...