Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Gongfu masters

Gongfu masters

Wednesday I participated in the show that the exchange students at
Peking University put up. In the end it wasn't as horrible as I had
anticipated. Looking at a video recording of it, I felt a little
stupid for complaining about it. The obvious mistakes that you easily
spot being on stage didn't really matter. In fact, I couldn't spot
myself at all! Not even a waving hand! In the final performance I
jumped and waved hands like crazy with the hope that someone would
spot a little movement in the background. Guess if you take a bunch of
people, make them all wear same colorful clothes, make them do
syncronized moves, add some smoke, and put them on a decorated stage,
it will look alright in this kind of galas that are mass-produced in
this country.

Or maybe I have spend to much time in this country and the tackiness
has turned to normal... My hope is that it is not a permanent damage.

No comments: