Sunday, September 26, 2004

BBQ

Saturday afternoon I went to Samantha's cousin's wedding BBQ. I'm still not sure weather the BBQ actually had any clear connection with their wedding, but I think that it was because the couple wanted to show their clear intention to get married sometime in the not to distant future. Although there wasn't no other westener to be seen the people treated me very nice. We had lots of great food and people was smiling. All of them where conversing in mandarin and I was pleased that I could understand almost everything. I'm not really sure what they were thinking of me and maybe they weren't sure what to think themselves either. When we took pictures before leaving, one of the uncles insisted of being in a picture with me. From Samantha's comments later I understood that he wanted to do this since he didn't get to see foreign white people so often! I guess that was made me write that last comment.

No comments: