Monday, April 18, 2005

Day 5: Tiantan and birthday dinner

IMG_2682_rs
My mum and dad woke me up singing the birthday song and had coffee and leftovers from yesterday.

IMG_2688_rs
We had a slow start of the day. I had to do some work and we went to the post office to send off some postcard and dad got some of his clothes washed one of the laundry place just below my building.

IMG_2692_rs
When we finally got away we went to Tiantan to have a pick nick. When I finally had begged the folks at the souvenir shop for some hot water, I discovered that I had forgotten the coffee back home. Horror, such horror.

IMG_2694_rs
Singing dudes at one of the pavilions.

IMG_2693_rs
Some guys skillfully playing music on traditional Chinese instruments.

IMG_2702_rs
Dinner at the 花家怡园 [huājiāyíyuán] at Guijie. Me and my dad ate until we could hardly move, but I don't think my mum liked it that much, particularly not the 香辣发财鱼 [xiānglàfācáiyú] (69 RMB) which was my favorite.

IMG_2710_rs
花家八爷烤鸭套[huājiābāyékǎoyātào](69 RMB) is a tasty version of the in this town so famous roasted duck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous dinner with Mom, Dad and a sweet girlfriend, plus the yummy Peking roasted duck, you must have got a wonderful birthday.

Christina

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Mark in Canada....

Anonymous said...

30!
gratulerar!
30!
amazing ain't it? my regards to your parenteser also.

/stefan

Anonymous said...

40's the new 30, so don't let it all get to your head now ;)